doTERRA Recently came out with a collection of oils specifically for the purpose of Yoga.
They came out with three oils, Anchor, Align, Arise. I found that the oils where really beneficial and each oil provided different benefits and properties that enhance my Yoga experience.
Arise "Enlightening Blend"
At moments when discouragement and opposition affect your ability to reach your goals, Arise Enlightening Blend can provide a joyful, encouraging aroma to uplift and help you rise up. With Grapefruit, Lemon, Osmanthus, and Siberian Fir essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil, it has a fresh scent that is both happy and inspiring and will help you continue to reach higher.
- When you wake up, apply two to three drops of Arise on your heart while practicing daily affirmations to help you rise up and face the day with clarity and joy.
- When practicing challenging yoga poses, apply Arise to help yourself achieve the next level.
- Apply several drops to diffusing jewelry to remind you of your goals throughout the day.
Ideal Poses: Standing, Arms high and standing side stretch, and Half Moon
Anchor "Steadying Blend"
When uncertainty affects your world, Anchor Steadying Blend can help to restore balance and stillness in your life. Featuring Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Black Pepper, and Patchouli essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut oil, Anchor’s aroma is earthy, woody, and rich helping you feel rooted and grounded.
- When faced with challenges or big decisions, apply two to three drops of Anchor on your heart to help encourage a steady foundational sense on how to move forward.
- Apply to ankles, base of spine, and bottoms of feet to promote feelings of completeness and calmness.
- Apply two to three drops to desired areas while meditating to feel steady, complete, and calm.
Ideal Poses: Seated Meditation, Seated Twist, and Bhu Mudra (one hand on the heart, the other on the Earth)
Align "Centering Blend"
It’s easy to feel disconnected and out of control in the busyness of everyday life. Combining the properties of Align Centering Blend with certain yoga poses can help align and create a sense of peace and purpose. Align is made with a unique blend of oils such as Peppermint, Basil, Geranium, and Jasmine Flower to create a fresh, green, and herbal scent.
- Before starting the day, apply Align over your heart, wrists, and the back of your neck to promote feelings of self-acceptance and fluidity.
- Add two drops of Align to diffusing jewelry to enjoy the scent during your yoga practice.
Ideal Poses: Warrior II, Triangle, and Gate pose