Coconut is my favorite addition to any meal, and when living in San Diego at a quaint breakfast place I cannot even remember the name of, I had a porridge dish with coconut and quinoa. The dish was so good that its been my mission to recreate it ever sense. I was able to finally get a grip on a recipe that I love!
Quinoa Coconut Porridge
- 2 Cups Quinoa (cooked, I usually make quinoa for dinner, so I save some to have it already prepaired)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Shaving (fine)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Chips
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 2 cups Steel Cut Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Sweeten to your desire. (Sugar, Honey, or Agave Nectar for sweetness) I use 2 Tbs Honey.
- Toppings: Coconut flakes, Chia seeds, Banana, Pecans (Any fruit or nut topping of your choice will do)
- Begin by cooking your oats on the stove top with water.
- Once the oats have been brought to a boil then add in 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/4 cup finely shaved coconut, Honey (substitute with desired sweetner), and 1 tbs Vanilla)
- Once the oats mixture gains the consistence of oatmeal, add in the 2 cups of precooked quinoa, Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the finished oats and quinoa mixture into a bowl.
- Top with chia seeds, coconut chips, pecans, and bananas. (or whatever you prefer to top with)
- Poor remaining coconut milk over dish and enjoy!!