Keeping Christ in Christmas!
I know Christmas is just around the corner but I wanted to share with you a new tradition I am starting this year. I was introduced to the idea at my Bible study, and instantly fell in love with it!
On Christmas morning, the first thing that your family does is make Jesus a birthday cake, This starts Christmas Day off acknowledging the true meaning of Christmas. It avoids children (and yourself) running straight to the presents under the tree, You first celebrate Jesus. Children love to decorate, and even more then that? they love birthday cake for breakfast!
Jesus' Birthday Cake Instructions:
- You need white Cake Mix (I used a dairy free white cake mix.)
- Bake the cake, you could bake the cake the day before and just add the decorations Christmas morning.
- Buy or make white frosting (I bought dairy free white frosting.)
- Tint Some of the Frosting Green.
- Frost the cake white, The white cake, and white frosting represent the purity of Christ.
- Decorate with green frosting, the green represent everlasting life. I chose to Do a ring of green frosting, but many chose to write "Happy Birthday Jesus" in green as well.
- Add Red Candles, the red candle represents the Blood of Jesus, and the flame represents that He is the light of the world.